Come and join our team!
We are looking for someone who feels at home with common office responsibilities and loves to assist others with the same. This vital person should have organizational skills and a friendly disposition. The role of the administrative assistant requires working with confidential material, therefore sensitivity is key. A willing attitude to learn is important and as the college is international, fluency in English is important.
Cornerstone places a high value on community life, and you will also be fully involved in this – attending morning chapel times (worship, teaching, prayer and guest missionary speakers), being part of a care group, serving in a local ministry team and helping out around college in practical ways. We are also passionate about people finding and fulfilling their calling to be part of God’s great kingdom advance particularly to the unreached peoples of this world, so being enthusiastic for mission and being willing to share faith experience is also important.
What is Cornerstone?
Cornerstone is a WEC Missionary Training College in the Netherlands. Situated in a small village near the border with Germany we have a vibrant community life with approx. 40 students joining us each year to be prepared to share the Gospel cross-culturally. Our students come from all over the globe and live together in the college as a wonderful international community. Each year we welcome families with children to join us.
- Provide secretarial assistance for the college leadership team
- Recording and editing notes from various meetings
- Assist with establishing & keeping the college schedules and responsibility lists (classes, events, chapels, …) up-to-date
- Dispatching or responding to daily correspondence (mail and e-mail).
- Preparing for the new school year; updating various college documents
- Gathering, organizing, filing & sorting through various information data bases
- Assuring that class information and grades are in place for classes
- Assisting with the assembly of various documents/reports for college audits, certificates, diplomas and transcripts
- Assuring the stock and functionality of the administrative office
- Coordinate with other members of our administrative team to assure the accomplishment of various school projects
- Various other tasks associated with our office (name tags, post boxes, phone rotas, …)
- Good English writing and speaking skills (Dutch and German can also be useful)
- Experience with Excel and Word; familiarity with a CRM (Customer relationship management software) and with Moodle would be helpful
- Is a good team player
- Is able to work independently and find solutions
We are looking for an enthusiastic communicator to assist us manage our external and internal communications. You will help promote Cornerstone and mobilise for mission both on and off-line. You will assist organising events and take part in exhibitions. We would like to see an independent person, who is willing to learn, assist others in the team to make better use of technology and help them produce better media for class. The job also involves administrative tasks.
You would also be fully involved in the Cornerstone community – attending morning chapel times (worship, teaching, prayer and guest missionary speakers), being part of a care group, serving in a local ministry team and helping out around college in practical ways. We are also passionate about people finding and fulfilling their calling to be part of God’s great kingdom advance particularly to the unreached peoples of this world, so being fervent for mission and being willing to share faith experience is also important.
Mininum 2 years
You did not find the right mission opportunity on our website? There are many more Click here.
If you are applying from Germany, Austria or Poland click: Short Term or Long Term.
If you are applying from any other country, please click here.